Beyond the Ivory Tower
ABOUT: Beyond the Ivory Tower provides an opportunity for academic and community stakeholders to share experiences and research on how to utilize the assets and overcome challenges of an urban setting to create or enhance mutually beneficial partnerships.
The Advisory Planning Committee devised a two-day program with the objectives to build and strengthen community-university relationships, examine multiple perspectives of community-university relationships, and create/strengthen community-university partnerships.
DATE: June 5-6, 2018
LOCATION: U-M Detroit Center, 3663 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI, 48150
REGISTRATION: April 16 – May 18
Call for Presentations
March 15, 2018 – April 20, 2018
We are seeking community engagement professionals as presenters who can address best practices, new initiatives, research findings and partnerships for this unique and important work.
- Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, University of Michigan
- Office of the Vice Provost for Global and Engaged Education, University of Michigan
- Knight Fund at the Community Foundation of Southeastern Michigan
Past Conference Resources
- World Cafe Notes + Next Steps | September 2016
- Beyond the Ivory Tower Symposium Seeks to Foster Improved Community-Symposium Collaborations | July 17, 2016
- Building the Engagement Dossier for Teaching – Talk and Workshop for Graduate Students | February 18, 2017
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.