Youth Theatre Fellows: A Residential Summer Theatre Camp
For the second year, the University of Michigan Detroit Center offers a unique opportunity for youth in grades 8-12 to immerse themselves into theatre arts. This one-week intensive program features:
- Intensive workshops with professional theatre artists
- Instructors with years of academic and professional experience in the arts
- Professional coaching in script analysis, blocking and auditioning techniques
- Four field trips to cultural institutions, including the Stratford Festival and a tour of one of the city’s famed historic theatres
- A public performance by students of the play, “Rainbow Stories”
- A Youth Cultural Fellows Theatre certificate upon successful completion of the program
The program begins on Sunday afternoon, July 7, with an orientation session. When not on field trips, workshops and rehearsals occur from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. at the University of Michigan Detroit Center, conveniently located in Midtown Detroit next to Orchestra Hall. The program ends the evening of Saturday, July 13 with the student production.
Note: Students will sleep in nearby Wayne State University dorms with program chaperones.
Cost: $300 (all meals included) Note: $50 Discount on fees for students who register with full payment by Friday, May 31, 2013.
- Entering grades 8-12 as of Fall 2013
- Must be able to attend all sessions
- Must have experience or proven interest in the performing arts
- Complete and submit registration form, personal statement, and full payment no later than Friday, June 14. Note: The deadline is Friday, May 31, 2013 for those who want to qualify for the discount
All but $50 will be refunded upon request in writing to email@example.com, no later than Friday, June 14, 2013.
Dr. Addell Austin Anderson
DirectorUniversity of Michigan Detroit Center
3663 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201