Reservations + Policies
Per University guidelines, riders of this service will need to make a reservation and present their MCard card to board and ride the bus (walk-up service is currently not available). Guests of current MCard holders (up to four per day), may use the MDetroit Center Connector. Guest Users must have advance reservations arranged by the MCard holder no less than 24 hours before the scheduled trip.
(Days and Times Subject to Change / No Service on November 29-30 // December 20-21, 27-28)
DETROIT BUS STOPS
- Southwest Detroit - Phoenix Multicultural Academy, 7735 Lane Street, Detroit, Michigan
(Stop located on Central Avenue near Logan Street)
- Downtown - Olga's, 1040 Woodward Ave., Detroit, Michigan
(Stop located on Gratiot Ave. at Woodward Ave. - NE Corner of intersection)
- Eastern Market - Eastern Market Corporate Office, 2934 Russell St., Detroit, Michigan
(Stop located on Russell Street near Wilkins Street)
- U-M Detroit Center - 3663 Woodward Ave., Detroit, Michigan
(Stop located on Parsons near Woodward Avenue)
- Cultural Center - Detroit Institute of Arts, 5200 Woodward Ave., Detroit, Michigan
(Stop located on opposite side of the museum in the traffic semi-circle on John R Street near Farnsworth Street)
ANN ARBOR BUS STOP
- Central Campus Transit Center (CCTC) - N.Geddes & Church St., Ann Arbor, Michigan (north side of street)
Service Updates Via Twitter
Tweets by @DetCenConnector
- Friday, December 6: Holiday Marketplace Music Series / Various Times
- Saturday, December 7: Noel Night - Midtown Detroit / 5-10 p.m.
- Detroit Destinations: Weekly Picks of What's Going on in Detroit
- Friday, December 6: “Disco Skate”: Ann Arbor Parks & Recreation / 7 p.m.
- Saturday, December 7: 135th Annual Handel’s Messiah: University Choral Union / 8 p.m.
About the Connector Project
The University’s ties to Detroit run deep. Yet, in spite of the dozens of U-M programs, classes and student organizations involved in the city, there have been few options for a reliable transit system connecting the two. With initial funding from the Provost Office’s Transforming Learning for the Third Century grant, the U-M Detroit Center and Semester in Detroit Program introduces the MDetroit Center Connector, a free* pilot shuttle service that will facilitate learning and cultural exchanges across the region. Additional support of the service through Winter semester 2014 is made possible by the Office of the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs.
The new shuttle service will be available to transport U-M students, staff and faculty with UM-ID’s from the Ann Arbor campus to up to four different stops in Detroit, including the U-M Detroit Center. During the pilot phase, this convenient service will run on Fridays and Saturdays throughout the semester.
This service is just the first step towards greater mobility and unity in our region that will enrich our understanding of these dynamic and diverse communities.
MDCC Planning Team
*Co-Director, MDetroit Center Connector
e-mail: DCConnector@umich.edu // call/text: (313) 506-8116
*pilot period of service is free / shuttle service subject to change.